Welcome to the Berea College Farm Online Store!
Berea College Farm serves as a laboratory to provide students with practical learning experiences while engaging them in enterprises that exemplify sustainable agricultural production in the region. You can support the educational endeavors and hard labors of these students while you enjoy the high quality products of their farming efforts!
Who can buy from and become a member of the Berea College Farm Online Store?
If you live close enough to pick up your order at the Berea Farmers Market in Berea, Kentucky (see below for seasonal time and location changes) you may order from our Farm Store. All members of the Berea community, Madison County, and Berea College community are encouraged to become members and make purchases.
How do I make a purchase?
The Berea College Farm Online Store is for ordering only. We collect payment for purchase when the item is picked up. Your order will be pre-labeled and an invoice will be ready for you at the time of pick-up. We accept cash, EBT, and personal checks written to: Berea College Agriculture at the pick-up location.
When may I place an order and where do I pick it up?
Orders must be placed by Tuesday at 8:00 am for pick-up at the market on Tuesday between 4:00-6:00 pm OR Friday at 8:00 am for pick-up at the market on Friday between 4:00-6:00 pm.
November-March Pick up at:
Goldthwait Agriculture Building
230 N. Main St.
Parking available in the back via Hospital Drive.
Directions to the Goldthwait Agriculture Building:
From Downtown Berea, take N.Main Street (Highway 595) towards exit 77. The Goldthwait Agriculture and Natural Resources building is on the right at the crest of the hill. To park, continue down the hill past the building and turn right in the lower lot; come up the stairs to the pavilion. If you cannot climb stairs, take Estill Street (25 North) turning left into the hospital drive, turning left on the first available driveway to come in behind the ANR building.
April – October Pick–up at:
Promenade Gallery Green-space
Berea College Square
Located behind the Promenade Gallery at 204 Center St
Parking is available behind Promenade Gallery and behind Boone Tavern.
About Berea College Farm Products:
• Horticultural products are USDA Certified Organically Grown
• Corn and flour are grown and stone-ground by students
• Value-Added ready-to-eat and take-home items are developed and prepared by student labor
• Forage and Field Crops and are currently in transition for organic production
• All livestock from the Berea College Farm is raised by students working in the College’s labor program
• Beef cattle and goats are raised on pasture, and supplemented with corn grown on the college farm and free-choice minerals
• Hogs are pasture and grain-fed on Berea College grown corn with vegetable protein supplements
• We are currently transitioning to a purely pasture based hog raising system
• Our animals do not receive steroids or hormones
• We use only USDA-inspected processing facilities